Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:30:20 -0800
From:      Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PCMCIA support for Symphony wireless networking?

I was looking at the Symphony Wireless Networking page:

	http://www.proxim.com/symphony/

This stuff looks pretty interesting because it's A LOT cheaper than
other wireless networking systems I've seen.  I wouldn't mind at all
spending $400 for the base unit and $200 for the PCMCIA card and be
done with the whole thing.

Unfortunately, I don't see any mention on the net of support for the
cards.  Is there any support planned?  I sent a note to Proxim asking
if they would be willing to provide detailed specs and information
enough to allow someone to write a driver for it.  I may be
interested in doing so, but I don't have a lot of time to put into
it.  We'll see what they say.

Any input from others interested in this?  Maybe someone else has
already checked it out?

/raj