Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:08:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: UMA/MTX ..last thing stopping KSE M-III

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Julian Elischer wrote:

:
:I am seeing the following error messages:
:
:../../../vm/uma_core.c:1331: could sleep with "process lock" locked from
:../../../kern/kern_proc.c:258
:
:Though the system is really quite stable now.
:
:anyone understand well what this message is trying to say?
:

You're holding PROC_LOCK(), obtained at kern_proc line 258, over a
function call that could block (I assume malloc(9) with M_WAITOK).

The fix is to change the locking to properly not hold the lock over the
possible sleep situation.

Cheers,

--
Andrew R. Reiter