Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:30:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        <Zceth@broadpark.no>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Breaking permissions on Windows 2000 (Server Edition)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 Zceth@broadpark.no wrote:
> Hi.
Hi Zceth!

> My school uses Windows 2000 on their workstations. Believe me
> I've tried converting them to UNIX. But the sysadmin is a
> jerk, something he'll always be.
Probably he is someone who invests a lot work and free time to
keep your schools system running.
Probably your school wouldn't have any computers at all without
people like him.

> Is it possible breaking my user permissions so that I can
> execute PuTTY.exe and finally get things going?
In my school breaking permissions and cracking the Windows
server would not mean to get anything going. It would mean to
destroy the files (and work) of about 800 students.
If you do not mind your system administrator's work, you
should at least respect your fellow students work.

> I know I'm asking for advices on 'how to hack' Windows. But
> since you all hate Windows, and you've all devoted your lifes
> fully and truely to the use of BSD UNIX,
Yeah, but most of us aren't criminal hooligans.

> I'm hoping the
> replies on this e-mail will be positive.
>
> Thanks.
Have a nice day Zceth!

Uli.