Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:35:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to install SMTP AUTH

I'd like to get SMTP AUTH operating in sendmail.
Is that a big deal?

I found a script at
/usr/src/release/scripts/crypto-install.sh
which when executed says:

You are about to extract the CRYPTO distribution into / - are you SURE
you want to do this over your installed system?  If not, hit ^C now,
otherwise hit return to continue.

I understand I need crypto to get the OpenSSL libraries which
are needed for cyrus-sasl.

I understand that cyrus-sasl must be installed for SMTP AUTH
to work.

The bottom line here is that I want to be able to send mail
with out having to always do a pop3 first - I just don't know if
I'm about to get into a big unexpected project -