Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:01:38 -0500
From:      Mark Woodson <mwoodson@bacxs.com>
To:        "Teo Carlsson" <dyn_dns_sweden@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipf quiestion

At 11:47 PM 12/21/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello i wonder if ipf can log and see what type of pages users are visiting.
>
>We want to check if they are pornsurfing or serious surfers?

No, ipf will not do this kind of content filtering.  You could have it log ip addresses for pages visited with a rule like this.

pass out quick log on <external interface> proto tcp from <internal net> port > 1023 to any port = 80 flags S/SA keep state

But this is going to log the start of each connection to a web server, and not tell you which page was visited.  Inelegant at best, a huge waste of time most likely.

It's much better to do this kind of thing with an application proxy (like squid) for http.

-Mark

-Mark