Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 17:51:50 -0400
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ricardo_Manuel_N=FA=F1ez_Chirino?=" <rinunez@telcel.net.ve>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   About FreeBSD and Samba as a big server

Dear Gentlemen,

I have a Pentium II 233 Mhz. PC server with 128 KB of memory with a RAID
hard disk architecture...

1) What do you think about the performance and stability of my PC if I used
it with FreeBSD as a pop mail server to 150 users? The users would
read their mails using other computers (they won´t use Telnet to read their
mails).

2) What if I use Samba??? Would it be a stable file server and print
service server to 150 machines running Windows NT Workstation (still being
a pop mail server)??

Yours faithfully,

Ricardo Nunez