Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:26:11 +0800
From:      bycn82 <bycn82@gmail.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: keep-state and in-kernel NAT exposes local ip on external interface

*Hi Julian,*

*So below are the rules in your example*

*5 skipto 10 from A to B*
*6 skipto 11 from any to any*
*10{action} from A to B keep-state*
*11{action} from C to D*

*If I remove the "skipto" rules they will become*

*10 {action} from A to B keep-state*
*11 {action} from C to D *

*Correct me if I was wrong,  but in my opinion, the rule 5 and 10 are
almost the same, so I dont see the benefit by introducing the "skipto"
rulees. **IMHO, the "check-state" is to speed-up some selected packets, it
will slow-down all other unexpected packets at the same time.*

*Regards,*
*bycn82*