Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:08:40 -0500
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommendations for Tape Drives?

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 08:36:35AM -0500, Jason A. Crome wrote:

> I am in the process of setting up several x86-based FreeBSD servers and will
> be in need of a quality backup solution.

	I'd consider ATA based DDS-4 tape drive. I have the
   Seagate DDS-4, in SCSI, and it works fine w/out any fooling
   around.

	Use dump and restore to do incremental backups, and you
   should be fine.

							Bruce
  "I like bad!"                         Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes