Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 09:36:01 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>, "J.J.Rijpkema" <jeff.rijpkema@planet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11 Problem

Another possible approach is to scour the net for working XF86Configs for
your video card.

This works particularly well if you have a laptop, and the the -configure
works particularly poor there.  The "Linux for laptops" page is great for
this.  FreeBSD is not, of course, Linux, but it runs the same X.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org

If you smell the smoke you don't need to be told what you've got to do;
Yet there's a certain breed, so very in-between, they'd rather take a
vote.   -- DEVO  --  Here To Go