Date:      03 Aug 1998 19:39:21 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>
To:        Peter van Heusden <pvh@leftside.wcape.school.za>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 teTeX cannot make fonts.

Peter van Heusden <pvh@leftside.wcape.school.za> writes:

> > I installed 2.2.7-RELEASE(from FTP) into a new machine(P166). I have a
> > problem in teTeX. I installed teTeX-0.4 package and run texconfig, set
> > mode to ljfive, set paper to a4(dvips, xdvi), set font directory to
> > 'FONTRW'(it complains texmf/fonts/pk directory is missing), and
> > rehash, and exit.
> >

> Well, the non-existence of this directory will explain why your fonts
> aren't created. To solve the prblem, create the texmf/fonts/pk directory
> with permissions 777. This might not, however, be the only problem - what
> does a ls -l of your texmf/fonts directory look like?

I did this.

# mkdir /usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/pk
# chmod 777 /usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/pk

run texconfig again, set font directory "FONTRW", and exit.

But the result is same. Fonts are not created. This is the result of
'allcm'.

This is dvipsk 5.58f Copyright 1986, 1994 Radical Eye Software
' TeX output 1998.08.03:1942' ->
kpathsea: Running MakeTeXPK cmr10 600 600 1+0/600 ljfive
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
dvips: Font cmr10 not found, characters will be left blank.
kpathsea: Running MakeTeXPK cmbx10 600 600 1+0/600 ljfive
dvips: Font cmbx10 not found, characters will be left blank.

My test tex file, XDVI/DVIPS test of texconfig, showed the same
result. Am I doing something wrong or is teTeX package broken?

--
 ----Cool FreeBSD!----MSX Forever!---J.U.N.K.E.R/Beat Snatchers!----
  CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>  http://jazz.snu.ac.kr/~junker