Date:      Sat, 08 Jul 2000 08:06:52 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No one can figure out my error message

On 7/8/00, 1:03:32 AM, "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com> wrote=20
regarding No one can figure out my error message:

> So far no one in any group has been able to tell what this error=20
message
> means and what the fix is:  ioctl (cdromreadtochdr): : Input/Output=20
error

> More details:
> -------------

> In .xinitrc I have:  xcdplayer -device /dev/acd0c &

> and when I:  # startx,  xcdplayer works - It plays music cds  - seems =

to be
> fully funtional.

> But, When I exit out of X (wmx ), I see repeatedly scrolled on the=20
console:

> ioctl (cdromreadtochdr): : Input/Output error
> ioctl (cdromreadtochdr): : Input/Output error
> ioctl (cdromreadtochdr): : Input/Output error

> Any ideas what's up w/this error message and how to correct it?

> Thanks

Dear Leegold,

kk, let me try a wild guess (probably making a fool of myself) :-)

<WILD GUESS>=20

1) cdromreadtochdr ~ cdrom read table of content header /* the easy=20
part */

2) the input output error: this vaguely reminds me of a situation seen=20
in KDE-1.1.2. Specifically, it looks as if some portion of the code=20
tried to repeatedly/continually access a CD (which is no longer=20
present, right ?), but no TOC is found. Actually, in my case, the=20
error is "acd0: read_toc failed".  =20

Whenever I cleanly close (ie quit) the KDE CD player applet, the error=20
is not reported [any longer] on the console.=20

</WILD GUESS>

Best regards,
Salvo