Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:39:04 -0700
From:      Summoner <summoner@uswest.net>
To:        Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A new soldier in the ranks

Eric Hodel wrote:
>> ... there's no drivers for
>> my sound card (SBLive).
>
> Have you tried using the pcm0 sound card?  Put the following in your
> kernel config:
> device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0
>
> You could try:
> device pcm0 at pci?

No I hadn't, but I'll give it a shot.  I just don't want to have to
swap out my SBLive for an AWE64.

> but I think it only works the second way in -current.  If it works, the
> Live will probably show up as pcm1 in dmesg.
>
> I've got a PCI128 working in -current.

The friend who loaned me the CDs claims the EMU10k chip (SBLive and
PCI512) isn't supported in FreeBSD yet.  Any confirmation of this?

I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I step up to making a custom
kernel.

I also hear that Creative Labs is going to release drivers for Linux?
(this is probably getting beyond the scope of this list)