Date:      Fri, 06 May 2005 14:11:24 -0500
From:      "Fafa Hafiz Krantz" <fteg@london.com>
To:        "Johnson David" <davidjohnson@siemens.com>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        logo-contest@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: Want a logo competition? Do it properly.

Thank you for your reply, David!

> The FreeBSD Project is not a totalitarian power. Trust me on this. Never
> once in its long history has the FreeBSD Project ever oppressed or
> subjugated a user. There have been rumours of domination, but I understand
> it is between consenting partners...

I don't feel subjugated. But I do feel ignored.
Since I brought these issues up, the contest crew have been silent.

> The FreeBSD project, as will all other Free Software projects, are govern=
ed
> not by "rule", but by 100% pure voluntary cooperation.

I am glad to hear that.

> If it ends up that people don't like the new logo, they simply will refuse
> to use it. End of story.

How are they suppose to do that? :)

If the logo goes into print and production, it would be too late.

> No one who has read and understood the contest announcement is fighting o=
ver
> this.

Then it is me versus the logo crew.

1) I want them to open this contest for public view and voting.
2) I want them to acknowledge the rights of the elected designer.

What is wrong with public view and voting?

It would allow the combined aesthetic force of our entire
community to make this tough decision, as opposed to some
people who imagine they're in charge.

The community would also be able to notify the coordinators
whether some of the logos are ripoffs or close to be
qualified as such.

Thanks.

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz