Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:34:34 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        stacey@vickiandstacey.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make clean for /usr/ports fails repeatedly with rm: /usr/ports/net/bind9-dlz/Makefile.inc: Permission denied

Hallo Stacey Roberts,

> > > ===>  Cleaning for bind9-dlz-9.2.1+0.3.0
> > > rm: /usr/ports/net/bind9-dlz/Makefile.inc: Permission denied
> > > *** Error code 1

> > > drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel    512 Jan 17 20:11 .
> > > -rw-r--r--    1 root  wheel     71 Jan 17 20:11 Makefile.inc

> No, I didn't forget, nor do I know anything about doing this. I have
> been keeping the ports tree the same way since FreeBSD 4.3 Rel, and have
> always been able to run "make clean" in /usr/ports as an ordinary user -
> except over the last few days.

I see ...,
but someone called as root the net/bind9-dlz/Makefile
and created the configuration "Makefile.inc".

As it has been created as root you can't remove it as user.
cause the dir is writeable by root only.
If you extract as root, you can't clean any port as a user.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]