Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 1998 22:27:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Markus Holmberg <saska@home.se>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslogd listening on udp 514 even after user '-s'

Hm.. It gives the same output for each time I check which ports there is
something listening on..

In what way do you mean someone is trying to abuse it? You mean someone is
sending UDP's to fill my syslogs up? I can't see how that is related to
this.. The problem was that I used the '-s' flag when starting syslogd up,
which should mean it should *not* be listening on the port.. But it
obviously does! (For more ppl than just me)..

Best Regards, Markus.