Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:44:59 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Lucas Holt <luke@foolishgames.com>, FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual Booting XP Home and FreeBSD 4.7 Release

On Thursday 10 April 2003 03:58 pm, Lucas Holt wrote:
> What is the best approach to dual booting XP Home and FreeBSD?
> Specifically I want to know what to do about the boot manager?  I
> don't want to damage Windows XP in the process.
>
> My system currently has Windows XP Home edition on a 30 gig partition
> and another 9 gigs or so free at the end.
>
> I have read some newsgroups, but some people are saying that its not
> a good idea to use the nt boot loader.

I don't know why not. It is the easiest to control. You don't have to
rebuild your kernel to determine how long the wait to boot is. You can
change the default boot at any time.

It works really well for me, at least, when both are booted from the
same drive. I use it on both 4.8-stable and 5-current.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA