Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2001 02:38:05 -0400
From:      Jason Vervlied <jvervlied@hway.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bash in /usr/local/bin?

Is there a reason why the bash shell is kept in /usr/local/bin. I would
personally prefer to use it for my root shell, but if I remember right,
root needs to have something that is in /bin (I could be wrong). If I do
need a shell located in /bin for root would it break anything if I moved
bash from /usr/local/bin to /bin (yes I know I woudl have to update
/etc/shells)?

--
Jason