Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:50:38 -0700
From:      Sean Bruno <seanbru@yahoo-inc.com>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dell r420/r320 stable/9

For the time being I had to revert the following from my stable/9 tree.
Otherwise I would get a kernel panic on shutdown from ipmi(4).

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=237839
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=221121

I suspect that the ipmi device isn't detatching early or properly in
this configuration, but I have only just now discovered these changesets
as a clue to what's going on here.

The panic looks like this when you see it:

Sleeping thread (tid 100107, pid 9) owns a non-sleepable lock
KDB: stack backtrace of thread 100107:
sched_switch() at sched_switch+0x19f
mi_switch() at mi_switch+0x208
sleepq_switch() at sleepq_switch+0xfc
sleepq_wait() at sleepq_wait+0x4d
_sleep() at _sleep+0x3f6
ipmi_submit_driver_request() at ipmi_submit_driver_request+0x97
ipmi_set_watchdog() at ipmi_set_watchdog+0xb1
ipmi_wd_event() at ipmi_wd_event+0xaa
kern_do_pat() at kern_do_pat+0x10f
sched_sync() at sched_sync+0x1ea
fork_exit() at fork_exit+0x135
fork_trampoline() at fork_trampoline+0xe
--- trap 0, rip = 0, rsp = 0xffffff869b177bb0, rbp = 0 ---