Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 19:30:44 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cool little 100BaseTX switch - they're coming down in price

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Prices have fallen a lot in the last year.  I'm happy to be able to
>     get rid of my HUBs, I was constantly having to deal with packet loss
>     when running saturation tests and never able to figure out what
>     was causing it.

I have a good reason to revive this thread.  I thought anyone who followed
this conversation might want to know that one of the switches we dicussed,
the Netgear FS-105, is on a special at CompUSA right now -- THROUGH TOMORROW.
The special is a $20 mail-in rebate, making the price of the switch $99.99
in the CompUSA stores.

I haven't had a chance to put this through it's paces, but I bought 2
earlier today, one for me and one for a friend.  When I get back to the
test lab on Monday, I'll hook it up to a SmartBits and make it sweat.

If you're looking for a nice little 5-port 100Base-TX switch, this is a
good opportunity (if you have a CompUSA store nearby).