Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:46:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Alex Kwan" <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cuaa2 or sio2

In message <007301bf9a50$5dfbafa0$581e40ca@alexkwan> "Alex Kwan" writes:
: I am using a normal pcmcia modem card to dialup,
: the device name of ppp.conf is sio2 or cuaa2?

For 4.0, use the cuaaX device that corresponds to the device number in
the probe message.  You may need to create this in /dev.

For 3.x and earlier, use the cuaxxX device that matches the sioX in
your pccard.conf file.

: Also, I copy the pccard.sample.conf file to build my
: pccard.conf, do I needed to delete the section of
: the cards that I didn't own.

No.  but you are allowed to.

Warner