Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:42 -0600
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NT not robust enough for news?

After a conversation with the head of a local ISP, it was conveyed to me
that in their experience, Windows NT was not robust enough for their
(net) news operations. In attempting to allow it to, they built a
machine of gargantuan proportions (It's storage was below that of the
WCArchive.) and still couldn't keep up with the news feed. They now have
a Solaris machine handling it.

He also told me that three of the admins were members of the Linux users
group here in town. And yet they couldn't get their beloved OS on the
news server? If only I knew how to run INN and were two years older, I'd
probably have a job.
--
Kris Kirby
UAH Mail <kirbyk@email.uah.edu> UAH CS <kkirby@cs.uah.edu>