Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:37:46 -0400
From:      Raymond Law <rlaw@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DNS or routing problem?

I started a shell with no problem and it has connectivity. But after some
time, it suddenly loses connectivity. It seems it can't find the DNS server
on my network. But it can also be a routing problem. I need to do a
dnsquery to my DNS server or a ping (or a mixture of both) to get it
working again. I do have three nameserver entries in resolv.conf. Can
anyone give me a clue please?

Ray,