Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 07:19:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
To:        William Lawton <walawton@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: .img files

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, William Lawton wrote:

> I want to d/l the FreeBSD ISO 3.0 files (1-4) off your server but i
> don't know which program i need to burn them to CD. I am running Win98
> with a SCSI CDR.
>
> I have both Adaptec Easy CD creator and CDRWin 3.6A. Will these progs
> burn and i just don't know it???
>
> -Will

Hey Will,

Could you please do me a favour, if you have the time?  I have a
windoze box with cddirect from adaptec and it is god-awful.  It's
the boss' box so I can't ditch mr gates and I don't have another
burner so I am stuck.

The problem:  cddirect *only* burns in `UDF', the goofy windows fs
that `preserves' long fi~names (sic).  Meanwhile it segments one file
into many which, ala humpty dumpty, can't be put back together on
a freebsd box (less I am missing something).

The question:  will easy cd creator burn in ISO9660 (rockridge too?)
I have lots of database apps I want to burn on cd but they exceed
the 200k which seems to be the max size for a file.  Ouch.

Thanks alot and good luck with your problem,
Tom

    ----------- Sisters of Charity Medical Center ----------
                    Department of Psychiatry
                              ----
 Thomas Good, System Administrator            <tomg@q8.nrnet.org>
 North Richmond CMHC/Residential Services     Phone: 718-354-5528
 75 Vanderbilt Ave, Quarters 8                Fax:   718-354-5056
 Staten Island, NY   10304                    www.panix.com/~ugd
                              ----