Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:59:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Runkle <dave@runkle.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot boot single; no verbose details at boot

I figured it out! I was too aggressive in editing unused entries out
of /boot/device.hints. I removed:

    hint.sc.0.at="isa"
    hint.sc.0.flags="0x100"

so, I added them back and now it is just fine.

Thank you and sorry for the false alarm - just not quite enough
troubleshooting before asking for help.

Thanks,
Dave
--
FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT
 3:56AM  up 1 min, 1 user, load averages: 0.29, 0.12, 0.05