Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:06:01 -0400
From:      "Andrew Batson" <abatson@twcny.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Solved --- > FreeBSD 5.1 and Promise TX4

Hello,

	Ok, I figure out my problem as to why FreeBSD 5.1 release would not
install with both a Promise Ultra 66 and a TX4 controller card in the =
same
PC. The short of the long, it was and ID10T error.=20

	I realizes the problem after I install FreeBSD 4.8 release and was
preparing to build a custom kernel. I used the "dmesg" command too see =
what
FreeBSD had found and that when I saw the answer. The hard disk drive
attached to the Promise Ultra 66 controller is "ad12" not "ad10" as I
thought - "ad10, ad4, ad6, ad8" where the individual disk on the Promise =
TX4
controller.

	Once I realized this, I did another install of FreeBSD 5.1 Release
and the install work.

Thanks,
Andrew AKA Dyslextic