Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:00:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 300 Baud V.21 modem for I4B

In article <17634.945014521@critter.freebsd.dk> you write:
>In message <19991211172421.75B2838E4@hcswork.hcs.de>, Hellmuth Michaelis writes
>:
>>>From the keyboard of Poul-Henning Kamp:
>>
>>> Do we want to integrate this in I4B ?
>>
>>Yes!
>>
>>(Why the hell did i gave away my 300 Bd Radio Shack acoustic coupler
>> years and years ago ... ;-))
>
>Probably the same reason why I don't have an ASR33 teletype anymore :-)

Heh.  I just had to look for that V.21/V.23 acoustic coupler
and yup, i still have it. :)

 But shouldn't just about any analog modem still be able
to talk V.21 too?  Or do the recent ones no longer?
(Could be you have to send some command to allow
non-error-corrected connections.)

>The code can be found at: 	http://phk.freebsd.dk/V21/
>
>Poul-Henning
>(who feels a little bit nostalgic working on 300baud again)

 I wonder if i still have that 1200/75bps atari sio driver
somewhere that i had to hack for V.23...  (yup that was an
asymmetric standard, and the uart had only one clock for both
directions so the 75 bps had to be done in software.)

 Regards,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
(remove dot foo from address to reply)