Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:21:17 -1000
From:      Franck Porcher <franck.porcher@gmail.com>
To:        pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 10.0 install - pkg database error when trying to install packages from the commercial DVD

Hello FreeBSD,

I'm sorry to bother you with the following question, but I find myself
stuck in trying to (post)install FreeBSD packages directly from the
commercial DVD.

The install went just fine, and I can use teh computer.

But  I get the following error when selecting "Packages > CD/DVD" from the
bsdconfig command ncurses-based menu :

     *No pkg(8) database found!*

pkg has been boostrapped as indicated, and there are 2 databases in
/var/db/pkg, namely :

    local.sqlite (148K)
    repo-FreeBSD_install_cdrom.sqlite (16M)

and the later seems populated...

So, would someone have an idea what such msg actually means, what I'm doing
wrong, and how I could overcome the situation.

Much thanks in advance for any direction to look for (I have installed
FreeBSD since release 6 and cannot remember ever having been met by this
msg in trying to install precompiled packages)

Franck