Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2018 21:08:12 -0300
From:      kanazuchi <contato@kanazuchi.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status Update about effort to translate the FreeBSD Documentation from en_US to pt_BR

On 08/26/2018 03:13 PM, Danilo G. Baio wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Thanks kanazuchi for this idea.
>
> It's important to say, texts that were translated automatically are marked as
> fuzzy in the .po file.
>
> And even if they aren't changed, they will never be translated with `make tran`
> command.
>
> This way we have these three levels on Zanata:
>
> - Draft (yellow) - fuzzy text, all translators can work
> - Translated (green) - when someone changes the draft text
> - Approved (blue) - only a reviewer can change text to this state
>
> Regards.

Hi.

To read the pot file and pass the string id on the google translate API
we work with this python project: https://github.com/kanazux/transpopy

It is simple, reads the pot file and create a object with the message id
[msgid] as a dictionary item,
in the keys have the line reference and the message string [msgstr].

The transpopy script have an option to save the strings with the tag
fuzzy, in this way when put the po file on Zanata all messages will be
show like imprecise [yellow color].

I hope than this way we can complete all translation of FreeBSD
documentation to Brazilian Portuguese in few months.

I'm very happy to be contributing with this project.

Best regards,

Kanazuchi.