Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:13:01 -0500
From:      Brandon J. Wandersee <brandon.wandersee@gmail.com>
To:        Glenn English <ghe@slsware.net>
Cc:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>, freebsdQuestions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10.2 graphics problem

Glenn English writes:

> I'll uninstall and try again. What package? dbus, xorg, or something completely different?

That's not likely to accomplish anything. You say that you can't "quit
back to the console," which in my mind could mean two different
things. First, try adding the lines Warren mentioned to the
/boot/loader.conf file. Some graphics adapters, like the newer Intel i*
series, require the new vt(8) console in order to work properly.

Second, if you're saying you can't actually quit from the desktop--as
in, you can't click the "Logoff" button in the session menu--it's likely
because you haven't started XFCE with ConsoleKit. You need to start XFCE
from your ~/.xinitrc file (or session file, if you're using a display
manager) with the line:

    exec ck-launch-session startxfce4
That will enable the log-out, shutdown and reboot functions.

   		      :: Brandon Wandersee ::
                  :: brandon.wandersee@gmail.com ::
'A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools.'
                            			- Douglas Adams