Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:03:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      peter lageotakes <plageotakes@yahoo.com>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw+r for FreeBSD

Yes it is supported in 4.x.  I just rebuilt my kernel
so that I can use CDRecord.  I know it works on 4.8
and above.  It mentions in the handbook: section 12.5
"Creating and Using Optical Media".

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook
/creating-cds.html

"Note: If you run FreeBSD 5.X, FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE
version or higher, it will be possible to use cdrecord
and other tools for SCSI drives on an ATAPI hardware
with the ATAPI/CAM module."

Sorry if this was already answered.  I am a little
behind in email.

Pete