Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 00:52:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   using tar

I want to use tar to move a directory hierarchy, but I want to do it
without using a temp directory, and I don't know the syntax to make tar
create an archive to stdout, then read from stdout to extract the acrchive
elsewhere.  Anyone else know it?  I want to use it to transport something
from usr/local (not /usr/local, thank goodness) to $(PREFIX).

Thanks.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |