Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 22:23:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Beiter <jwb@xioa.cosmic.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PnP naivety

I loaded Luigi's PnP and snd drivers and I now am able to cat au files out
/dev/audio1 and sound does work.. however when I run au -aa or try to run
raplayer they claim they can't open the device..

au -aa:
Fatal server error:
could not create audio connection block info

raplayer just claims it cannot open the sound device. I did recreate the
link from /dev/audio to /dev/audio1

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  11 Oct  1 21:44 /dev/audio -> /dev/audio1

and even tried just creating /dev/audio with mknod using the maj and minor
numbers of /dev/audio1.

Does anyone know what I am missing in this equation?

- JoeB