Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:29:59 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@awod.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Resizing partions

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 11:45:50AM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 08:40:32PM -0500, stan wrote:
> >
> > I've got a laptop that I originaly partioned inot a windoze, and FreeBSD
> > partiton. I'm going to upgrade this unit this weekend, and I wnat to
> > concatenate the 2 partions. Is there a way to do this? (Yes, it's the m$
> > parition I'm nuking).
> >

> The easiest way to do what you want is to back-up all the files and
> stuff you want to keep from your existing FreeBSD and Windows
> installations, and then just re-install FreeBSD over the whole disk.
> That will give you one fdisk(8) slice (ad0s1) containing the FreeBSD
> disklabel(8) partitions (ad0s1a, ad0s1b etc.)

Yhanks, I geuss I should do this, (the backup & reinstall), but i'm trying
to get it doen over the weekend. I was hoping to find a free tool like
partition magic,

I guess that there is no such tool? I looked a GNU parted, and it did not
look like it was ready to do this for FreeBSD (yet ?).

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin