Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:02:56 -0700
From:      Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall(8) && bsdlabel a new disk

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 23:48 +0000, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 09:04:15 -0700
> Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll be the first to admit that sysinstall(8) could be a little easier
> > to use in the userland. It should be noted that sade(8) (System
> > Administrator's Disk Editor) is no different -- sade, at this point at
> > least, is nothing more than the `Partition' and `Label' menus ripped
> > straight from sysinstall(8)'s `Custom' menu (with some minor other
> > differences, like the fact that the Ctrl-C menu doesn't work whereas
> > it does in sysinstall(8) -- really ought to file a PR on that one).
>
> There's a new version of sade being worked on by ae@ in svn /user/ae
> that fixes lots of the problems.

Excellent! I'll have to check it out. (should we then save our PR's for
ae and neglect any problems in sade? I wonder what `ae' stands for,
"alas, edamame?!", I kid).

> With pc-sysinstall getting all the
> attention I doubt sysinstall will have any more work done on it.

I'm _very_ pleased to see from...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0yOuDelXUU
...that pc-sysinstall will support scripted installation using a syntax
similar to sysinstall's own install.cfg.

I thought I was going to have to lose sleep over this.

--
Cheers,
Devin Teske

-> CONTACT INFORMATION <-
Business Solutions Consultant II
FIS - fisglobal.com
510-735-5650 Mobile
510-621-2038 Office
510-621-2020 Office Fax
909-477-4578 Home/Fax
devin.teske@fisglobal.com

-> LEGAL DISCLAIMER <-
This message  contains confidential  and proprietary  information
of the sender,  and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any
other person  is strictly prohibited.  If you have  received this
message in error,  please notify  the e-mail sender  immediately,
and delete the original message without making a copy.

-> END TRANSMISSION <-