Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:46:25 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        jd1008 <jd1008@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs and 512/4096 sector sizes

On 12/17/2014 3:41 PM, jd1008 wrote:
> One last suggestion:
> dismantle the whole pool (i.e. remove the drives)
> and rebuild it fresh using only 512 byte sector drives.
> Whole adding the drives back in, one at a time,
> recheck the status after each add and see if the
> error status appears.

I was hoping for a rather less intrusive option than backing up 10TB of
data. Although its a backup of a backup (ie offsite) I was hoping there
was a less drastic option available.

I am confident if I "started fresh" with just the 512k sector drives, it
will work fine.   The question which remains is, if I replace a single
512 sector drive with a 4k sector drive, and then replace the 4k with
another 512k, is there a way to remove said warning, or has something
changed about the pool that cannot be undone

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400