Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2002 21:08:05 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mutt and Filters

--SO98HVl1bnMOfKZd

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 07:58:08PM -0500, Bryan Cassidy wrote:
> OK. I am going to try this one last time. I really want to keep using
> Mutt because it's small, fast and I like console based apps anyways. I
> am new at this stuff ok. I have asked a couple places on the net many
> times in the last 2 weeks and still can't get it to work. I am
> starting over. I want Mutt to Filter out my e-mails into groups.=20

That particular part is fairly easy. If you don't mind, I'll send you to
my mutt page at
http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/mutt.html which explains about
using Procmail. Personally, I  think it's a pretty clear explanation of=20
what you'd have to do to get it working.

I don't know, however, how to get it to open so that
it opens to FreeBSD. However, for example--I have it set so that if I
open it, I can see my various mailboxes, and can then arrow down (or
pick a number, as they're numbered in sequence) to open that particular
box.=20

There's also Xbuffy (the mutt page I gave above gives a link to it)
which will, when in X, show you how many messages are in each box. In
console mode, it just shows you the size--for example, my
In-bsdquestions, with 6 messages shows a size of 22936, nylug with two
messages shows a size of 12345 (I'm not making that one up.) :0

After a little while, you get pretty good at judging from that how many
(approximately) messages you have. =20

That answers all but the issue of having it open to the bsdquestions
mailbox, but it would only be two or three more keystrokes--when it
opens I hit 11 for the box and then one or two enters to open it.

HTH a little

--=20

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Okay, that was too close for comfort. Not that slaying is=20
ever comfy, but... you know what I mean.=20

--SO98HVl1bnMOfKZd

--SO98HVl1bnMOfKZd--