Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:57:55 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, uspoerlein@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: gemor mirror and priority

> I did this for 2-3 years and it has worked very well. Of course I took
> care of using the right priorities from the start. This setup has now
> been replaced by a ZFS mirror. The resilver time is just so much better :)

How do you find ZFS performance in an asymetric mirror, and does it
seem to cope OK if the remote disc fails ? One of the reaons I have stuck
with gmirror is that it seems extremely tolerant to having one of the
drives vanish from underneath it (as sometimes happens with a remote disc).
When I experimented doing this with ZFS I found that it did not work well
at all (lock ups until the disc I had taken away came back).

-pete.