Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 18:14:21 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@internationalschool.co.uk>
To:        "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@iMach.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP hard lock in 2.2.6

Forrest W. Christian wrote:

> > is X running at the time? if so, try it without and see if it's any
> > better.
>
> No.   The install set I put on was kern-developer.

oh well, worth a try. that's the only time I've managed to lock freebsd
solid (I think it was a conflict between a video card and the serial
port in my case, but I never did work out how to fix it). is it just ppp
or does tip lock as well? (not sure if I can help but it'll probably
help point the finger in the right direction :)