Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:48:27 -0500
From:      Jeff Elkins <bsd@elkins.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using the ATAPI/CAM Driver

No responses on this yet, but I can hope :)

Another issue:  After changing the permissions on the /dev/pass* devices,
following a reboot, they all reverted, rendering k3b useless.

I'd appreciate some help...

====

I've enabled the ATAPI/CAM driver in my kernel under freebsd 5.2 - this has
given me two devices: /dev/cd0 and /dev/cd1. Thus far, I'm able to burn
CDs/DVDs but I am having trouble mounting them (as root).

If I issue the command: mount /cdrom or mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0 /cdrom I get
the message:  cd9660: /dev/cd0: Device not configured

However, if I comment out the /dev/cd devices in fstab and enable the acd
devices:

/dev/acd0               /cdrom cd9660   ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/acd1               /cdrom1 cd9660 ro,noauto        0       0
#/dev/cd0               /cdrom cd9660   ro,noauto       0       0
#/dev/cd1               /cdrom1 cd9660 ro,noauto        0       0

I'm able to mount w/o problems.

Do I have something misconfigured?

Thanks,

Jeff Elkins