Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:28:55 -0800
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
Cc:        ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Please review: shared interrupts with fast handlers

Hi Marcel,

> Attached a patch to support interrupt sharing with fast handlers. It's
> pretty much copied from ia64. Please review.

  Looks fine. I reviewed (and tested) a patch that did much the same as
part of the SoC interrupt project. I guess it's buried in p4 somewhere.
I'll give your patch a run tonight.

> With these changes, vmstat -i shows:
>
> imac% vmstat -i
> interrupt                          total       rate
> irq19:                            102984          2
> irq27:                                 3          0
> irq28:                                 1          0
> irq40:                                 1          0
> irq41:                             25400          0
> Total                             128389          2
>
> I think this is the same as before, but can't really test right now.

  Here's the output on ppc/CURRENT:

 > vmstat -i
interrupt                          total       rate
irq29: ohci2                           1          0
irq63: ohci3 ohci+                     4          0
irq39: ata1                           74          2
irq40: fwohci0                      1806         56
irq41: gem0                          127          3
Total                               2012         62

later,

Peter.