Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 05:41:25 -0700
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@welkyn.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   K8T890 where everything works?

I am looking for a new motherboard/system with PCI-E, socket 939
processor.  Can anyone recommend a low-hassle motherboard where
everything (LAN, built-in audio) works?  Or mention boards which don't
work?  I've removed the Nforce chipsets and the ASUS 890 board from
consideration because I never want another chipset fan.  The candidates
available from NewEgg are (in order by price):

Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 (reported to not support 4G)
Soltek SL-K890Pro-939 (no parallel port...)
Albatron K8X890 Pro (only 1 PCI slot)
ABIT AX8 (is the ethernet chip supported?)
Albatron K8X890 ProII (does the audio work?)

Also, is it preferable to run the PATA or SATA disks?

The Albatron ProII looks nice, but it uses the VIA VT1720 Evny24PT sound
chip - is this supported?

I'll also be using this system for gaming in dual-boot mode...

Thanks,

--
Mike Harding <mvh@welkyn.com>