Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:57:57 -0500
From:      "Anthony Smith" <vze2h99y@verizon.net>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Stick a fork in it, it's done.

Hello all -

While under daemoniac possession I managed to delete all files in my /etc
directory, rendering my computer...well...done. It lived for 3 days
following said deletion, at which point it realized exactly what I had done
to it and immediately crashed hard. I decided a reinstall would be best.
Unfortunately, for reasons I won't go into, my backed up config and other
important files are inaccessible, so I have to start from scratch.

I'm running into problems right now with PCCARDD. Problems I didn't have in
the last install. In a nutshell: when booting, pccardd starts, the first
card (ed0) is detected and configured, the second card (ep0) is not. I can
remove the cards, kill pccardd, restart it, and reinsert the cards,
everything works fine.

If that alone is not enough information to point to a common problem, here
are the details:
Running FreeBSD 4.1 on an older IBM Thinkpad P120 w/40 MB RAM & 775MB HD.
Two PCMCIA Ethernet Cards: 3com 3C589D (external, 10bT) & Linksys PCM100
(internal, 10/100)

--pccard.conf:
totally default, I just removed the entries for all but my 2 ethernet cards
 --rc.conf:
pccard_enable="YES"
pccardd_flags="-z" (thank you Kevin Oberman)
pccard_conf="/etc/pccard.conf"

I'm really not sure that there is much more pertinent information, and even
what I have here is pretty basic. If there *is* something that would be
helpful then please let me know and I'll provide it ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Tony