Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 13:07:50 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE (Stefan Esser)
Cc:        Sean Reifschneider <jafo@tummy.com>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD NCR driver timeout?

>Well, sorry, those 1.6 seconds are already
>the maximum supported by the NCR hardware ...

You could easily count the number of handshake timeouts in the driver and
make the interval a multiple of what the NCR supports.  I don't see the
value of a handshake timeout anyway since the SCSI spec doesn't place any
lower bounds on communication speed, and you should be using the timeout
value that was passed down to you in the scsi_xfer struct as an overall
timeout value.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations