Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:47:03 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AIC-6x60

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Anthony Joint wrote:

> I have a Toshiba laptop which I would like to load FreeBSD on. I have the
> 3.0 CD from Walnut Creek and an External SCSI CD-ROM. I boot from the boot
> floppy, however it does not check for the AIC. I have tried manual kernel
> config but see no reference to this chipset. The FreeBSD page states that
> the family of controllers is supported. Some help please?

IIRC the aic driver didn't make it into 3.0 when SCSI was
changed to the new CAM architecture.  And AFAIR chances are,
that it won't make it into 3.1 (or didn't, but I don't have
3.1 yet).  Have a look at the online doc when installing.

Gerhard Sittig

empty subject, richtext, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null