Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:08:05 -0500
From:      Karim Halai <karim@cs.svsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Modem

Hello all,
I have a problem dialing in..when I dial using ppp or minicom...I do
get a connection but only in the terminal that I used minicom or ppp
in...but when I open another xterm and do a ifconfig -a it shows me
that I am not connected although in the other window I can check my
mail from remote survers and am physically connected...

I would really appreciate if someone can give me a clue of what is
going on....well if someone is using kppp from kde and know how to go
around with it would help alot....

using FreeBSD 3.3 and KDE as my windows manager...

Thanks in advance for the help...

--
Karim Halai
karim@cs.svsu.edu