Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:06:28 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   mount options

Hi,

I'd like to spark a discussion on the mount interface. It seems
a little evil right now, and I have noted that you can't add
arbitrary mount options through to an FS since they're passed
across as binary.

For an FS porting project I'm doing, the mount interface needs
to be able to export the mount options back out to userspace,
and I'd like to tidy the code up instead of just fudge it for
my needs.

So, if you have an idea on how the mount interface *should* look,
now is the time to stand up and tell me what you're thinking.. :-)

Thanks!

Adrian