Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:18:27 +0100
From:      "Ian Vaudrey" <i.vaudrey@test.nemko.ltd.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cpp: ../../sys/cdefs.h: Bad address

Hello,

I've just tried to compile a custom kernel following the instructions
given in the handbook. Everything up to and including the 'make depend'
step completed with no errors, but the next step - 'make' - terminates
with the following text:

cc -c -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls
-Wimplicit  -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith  -nostdinc -I-
-I. -I. ./.. -I/usr/include -DAPM_BROKEN_STATCLOCK
-DFAILSAFE -DCOMPAT_43 -DCD9660 -DFFS -DINET -DKERNEL
../../kern/kern_descrip.c
cpp: ../../sys/cdefs.h: Bad address
*** Error code 1

Stop.

The custom kernel is simply the GENERIC file with all devices that do
not exist on my system commented out.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

- Ian