Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 23:35:47 +0530
From:      "Arpith Jacob" <arpith@geocities.com>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Firewall troubles

----- Original Message -----
From: Crist J. Clark <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To: Arpith Jacob <arpith@geocities.com>

> > Heres the ifconfig output from p1.scully, running freebsd:
> >
> > ed0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
> >  inet 172.25.2.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 172.25.2.255
> >  inet6 fe80::e891:f9bc:b7ac:487d%ed0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
> >  ether a5:a5:a5:a5:a5:a5
> Are you masking this? If not, something is wrong.

Nope, thats what I got from the ifconfig output. That is the address of the
card.

Do I have a problem with my network card? Is there any other way of
detecting the address of my network card?

I can telnet/ftp into the p3, and get the text output on my p1 screen. So,
the p3 can obviously send back the output using the above ether address.

Thanks,
Arpith