Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:25:23 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <reso3w83@verizon.net>
To:        "Noah" <admin2@enabled.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmanager fails installing dri

On Thursday 23 December 2004 04:56 pm, you wrote:
> > Try:
> >
> > ls /var/db/pkg
> >
> > and see if you have a
> >
> > /var/db/pkg/apache+mod_ssl-1.3.33+2.8.22
> >
> > directory, if you do then you probably ran
> >
> > pkg_delete apache+mod_ssl-1.3.33+2.8.22
> >
> > instead of
> >
> > pkg_delete -f apache+mod_ssl-1.3.33+2.8.22
> >
> > If you don't have that directory, then let me know,
> > it will cause me to install the apache ports on my system
> > in an attempt to duplicate your problem.
> >
> > -Mike
>
> smae thing is happening with dri and I removed with pkg_delete
> dri-6.2,2

You keep forgeting the "-f" switch... try

pkg_delete -f dri-6.2,2.

I have another question for you, did you just start using portmanager
recently where before you used to use portupgrade? It is important
I know this because it may help me make a better change to
portmanager.

-Mike

Just a follow up to the question I just sent to you, I am thinking maybe
you installed some of these ports as packages recently, if that is so
they may have been built with the wrong dependencies for your system.
Please let me know, it will make a difference on this end in any
modifications I have to make to portmanager.

-Mike