Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:38:00 -0700
From:      Jo Rhett <jrhett@netconsonance.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   split the quagga ports to remove unstable patches from quagga port

The current maintainer has indicated that he is holding up the quagga
0.99.10 port until an unknown time when the TCP MD5 checksum patches
are again working in the tree.  I don't think that this is the right
thing to do, as the TCP MD5 checksums are not necessary for the vast
majority of installations, and DO NOT work with a GENERIC kernel.

I'd like to request that the port be split into two ports -- one with
a stock quagga installation, and the other with the MD5 checksum
patches, due to the instability and constant work on said patches
making the port unstable.  (and being unavailable right now holds up
access to a major bugfix line)

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness